Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fabric Fun

Remember my mess from the other day?  (It was the other day when I started this post, now it’s been weeks!) Well, here are some of the things that came out of it!

Here’s a bookmark I made.  This one was actually made with flowers from the Flower Folds die.  Like I hadn’t cut out enough with the Fun Flowers die!  Isn’t it too cute?  I had one piece of retired Melon Mambo ribbon and thought it would be perfect for this.


I clipped off the back of one of the brads from the Vintage Brad set and adhered it to the Melon Mambo button.  I sewed the button on first to hold all the layers together.  Button sewing is the limit of my sewing ability…I couldn’t resist adding a couple of charms.  I think I’m going to use this one for my bible.  It’s a tough choice, I might have to make one for each the various books I’m reading!  I adhered the Black Taffeta 1/8 ribbon to the other ribbon with glue dots.  Not the best solution but I couldn’t figure out how to do it any other way.  At least not without stitches showing.


I made this one for my daughter, using the Fun Flower’s die.  She reads like crazy and this is the only bookmark she hasn’t lost, so far!


She wants to trade hers for mine…She says mine has a bigger key and a crown, no fair!


I did end up making this into a little coin purse.  I used the Crop-a-dile to punch holes in the fabric and set the jumbo eyelets.  I have found so many uses for those eyelets!  The cord is from some retired stuff I had laying around.  I made it long enough to go over her head and across her body.  It looks too cut on her!


I cut the butterfly out with the Beautiful Butterflies die and made it into an iron-on.  Again no sewing!  Same with the little bit of our Victoria Crochet Trim.

I’m still working on other ideas for the flowers.  My friend Cheri gave me some great ideas, so you’ll just have to check back and see what I come up with.

Thanks for looking!

Blog Signature Logo-001 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment